NORWAC strives to be a safer space, which means that it is intended to be a welcoming, engaging, and supportive environment free of oppressive actions, behaviors, and language. Participants and attendees are asked to consider how their language and behavior impacts others in attendance.
The following guidelines and procedures will help NORWAC be a safer space:
1. Be responsible for your actions, and aware that they may have an effect on others regardless of your original intent.
2. In addition to making space for different astrological perspectives, NORWAC strives to create a space that is welcoming for all people, and respectful of different identities based on race, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, class, religion, age, and size.
3. Physical, verbal, or mental abuse will not be tolerated, nor will sexual harassment, inappropriate/unwelcome comments and behaviors. VIRTUAL CONFERENCE – Chatroom protocol: Be respectful of the speakers and other attendees while using the chatroom functions. Disrespectful language will be grounds for removal from the lecture room, and potentially from the conference.
4. The organizers of NORWAC do not monitor or censor the content within lectures by previewing material before the event. If individuals find certain materials oppressive or discriminatory, we encourage and invite you to reach out to an organizer and speaker/presenter regarding problematic materials or behaviors.
5. NORWAC owner, Laura Nalbandian, reserves the right to ask any attendees who are violating the safer spaces policy to change or address their unsafe behavior or language. If anyone violating the safer spaces policy is unable to change or address their unsafe behavior or language, they will be asked to not attend or to leave the event.
Thank you for supporting the Northwest Astrology Conference and your fellow astrologers to make this a safer space and an inspiring event for our whole community.